Can I have a bite?

Eating. Drinking. Sometimes at home, sometimes on the town.

Friday, November 25, 2005

thank goodness thanksgiving is over

so, i may be unpopular for saying so, but: thanksgiving makes me sick and i don't like it. this year, i spent a wonderful afternoon with friends and good food rather than suffer the travel time it takes to travel 3,000 miles home for one weekend. i was pretty sad to be without my family, but at least the digitized version of all our family films from 1972 - 1982 kept me feeling close to home this weekend. my parents just took the time and money to put all the super8 footage onto DVD and it arrived wednesday. what a wonderful surprise. i especially loved witnessing my older brothers and sisters as little kids. it was an experience i never had as a caboose child who burst on the scene in 76.

anyway, i digress. i enjoyed a fun thanksgiving celebration, but the actually gluttony of this all-too-ironically american holiday made me ill. we spend hours upon hours preparing food that will be consumed in a mere 20 minutes, two plates per person, and we spend the rest of the evening ready to (pardon the expression) puke. i love food, don't get me wrong; i even love turkey, stuffing, rolls, green beans, and mashed potatoes with gravy. but i am no longer excited about stuffing my face for one day. i think i'm going to make next thanksgiving a non-traditional celebration of gratitude, togetherness, and perhaps, salad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home