Can I have a bite?

Eating. Drinking. Sometimes at home, sometimes on the town.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

i'm baaaa-aaack. and so is thanksgiving.

Just landed from a trip to the Northeast, and have to excuse myself for missing two days, there was no internet where I was.

So, last year, I stuffed myself at Thanksgiving supper and decided that the holiday was dégoulasse (that's French for disgusting as hell). This year, I'm in charge of Thanksgiving, which is the way I think I needed to do it this year. Suddenly, I'm intensely interested in every element of the holiday. Well, my friend KP and I are in the aprons, both. She's hosting at her house, with hubby BenP & son Will, his parents and of course, PFE (Elliot).

We've ordered the turkey (we'll roast it), prepped mashed p & gravy. I'm in charge of all but turkey & stuffing I think. Hey, maybe I need to talk to Kate about that....Either way, I spent all weekend talking about it with a friend and I can't wait to have a kitchen party with myself to get ready. And because I like lists:

- Roasted turkey (deliver roasting pan & hot plate, what about carving/serving plate)
- Dijon & brown sugar-glazed carrots (carrots)
- Roasted green beans & shallots (green beans)
- Apps: Baked brie with jam and a flaky crust, sweet potato pancakes, mini-quiches, crackers & cheese
- Deliver white place setting, what about apple & leave votives? Placemats, or trivets and serving dishes needed?

Whoa, that's maybe too many appetizers. I just want to fit it all into one year.

1 Comments:

Blogger laurabeggar said...

woah! that's impressive. and, that's not too many appetizers! that's the perfect amount to give one to me so I can pass it off as mine with Matt's family! Ha ha, just kidding (unless you'd be into it...no, just kidding, really.)

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home