Can I have a bite?

Eating. Drinking. Sometimes at home, sometimes on the town.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Sunday baking

It's the kind of day that you don't go outside if you don't have to. It was quite grey (I like the English spelling) and gloomy today, with nonstop rain. It wasn't actually cold out, which was nice, since I had to head out a number of times including one urgent trip to Target after I threw out my last shower curtain liner without a right-fitting replacement in the wings.

At any rate, I managed to be very productive in the kitchen today as a result of the lack of activity outside. In celebration of the season, I broke out a recipe from my mother-in-law for pumpkin chocolate chip cake. It's just about the easiest cake recipe I've ever seen because it doesn't require separate bowls for wet and dry ingredients. And no butter! It's almost a freak of nature. I got stuck mid-way through because I was 1/4 cup short on flour. Then I visited my neighbor (how suburban) and was back in business. I gave away half of the cake to hubbie's bandmates and still have more than I can finish on my own. But, I'll take one for the team.

It's delicious.

Don't even get me started on the crawfish (or crayfish?) pasta we had for dinner at ashod&erin's house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home