Can I have a bite?

Eating. Drinking. Sometimes at home, sometimes on the town.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

delicious invention

I had a lot more to write when I was talking myself through the dinner I made tonight. Sometimes I just think I would like to have a cooking show. I like telling people what to do and not having a present audience who talks back. :)

I bent toward bulk comfort food tonight. I need lunch for tomorrow and dinner for tonight; I have romaine lettuce threatening to brown in the veggie drawer; and I like dessert. Here's what resulted (can you tell I like lists):

- An experimental vodka cream sauce for my Pastaworks ravioli di funghi (that's mushrooms) made with bottled Seeds of Change Puttanesca sauce (they've been underperforming) and sour cream in lieu of heavy cream.

- A lemony caesar salad with stale wheat sourdough croutons and homemade dressing (garlic mashed with salt to create a paste was the remembered trick, try to do that more often, takes the bitterness out)

- A big fat overpriced rice krispies treat from New Seasons. Ate the whole thing. Oops.

And with that, I'm off to bed.

Sorry that this is a food diary, I hope you like food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home