Can I have a bite?

Eating. Drinking. Sometimes at home, sometimes on the town.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

sample sublime

One of my favorite things of every weekend is doing the week's grocery shopping. I don't view it as a chore, instead a chance to do participate in two top activities: shopping (and I don't have to worry about jeans fitting) and FOOD! I dutifully make a shopping list before each trip, planning out the week's meals in the process. Ben happily participates too and it's a routine to go together Saturday or Sunday morning.

We usually try to get through the errand before noon on a given day, but we both put it off until 11 a.m. rolls around because store samples kick-off then. The past three weeks, New Seasons Market's sample counter has focused on holiday meal planning. There was turkey week, sides week and my favorite, stuffing week! This week, it seemed to be the prepared foods week, with deli-made corn risotto, brussel sprouts, cranberry sauce and bread.

You cannot beat the sample table at New Seasons. No siree, bob. Cookie day is the best one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home